Former Wisconsin football players Jeff Duckworth and Pat Muldoon have joined the Badgers coaching staff
On a staff already loaded with former Wisconsin football players, two more former Badgers have joined the coaches at UW Madison.
Former offensive lineman Al Johnson was added as a graduate assistant earlier this spring.
Duckworth played at UW from 2010-2013, recording 398 career receptions for 498 yards and four touchdowns.
You certainly remember his most famous catch:
"#TBT Four years ago today, DangeRussWilson found Jeff Duckworth on a little 4th down play you might remember: https://t.co/Ke2WjV3wy4— Nick Zweifel (@iRideTrek) December 3, 2015"
Duckworth was most recently a graduate assistant at Kent State.
More from Football
- Wisconsin Football flips 3-star defensive tackle from Northwestern
- Former Wisconsin Football stars to be featured on the next Wheaties box
- Believe it or not, Wisconsin Football has never played these FBS teams
- Four-star running back Darrion Dupree commits to Wisconsin Football
- Wisconsin Football wide receiver enters the transfer portal
Muldoon, who also left another graduate assistant position (Florida Atlantic) to come to UW.
He spent the same time period at UW as Duckworth (2010-13) and recorded 66 tackles, 6.5 sacks and 12.5 tackles for loss in his career.
Johnson was a three-year starter at Wisconsin from 2000-2003. He was a team captain his senior season.
He spent five seasons in the NFL after being drafted in the second round, and was most recently a Division III assistant at St. Norberts.
They join a coaching staff that is loaded with Wisconsin alumni.
Here’s the Wisconsin alumni currently on staff for the Badgers:
- Paul Chryst – head coach
- Joe Rudolph – associate head coach/offensive coordinator/offensive line coach
- Jim Leonhard – defensive backs coach
- Mickey Turner – tight ends coach
- Antonio Fenelus – graduate assistant
- Jon Budmayr – graduate assistant
- Taylor Mehlhaff – special teams quality control
- Ross Kolodziej – head strength and conditioning coach
- Jamil Walker – assistant strength and conditioning coach
- Bradie Ewing – assistant strength and conditioning coach
- Kyle Costigan – strength and conditioning graduate assistant
- Al Johnson – graduate assistant
- Jeff Duckworth – graduate assistant
- Pat Muldoon – graduate assistant
The Badgers clearly have made bringing alumni back to coach the team a priority.